SECURITY & PRIVACY NAVIGATION
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
Internacionale Retail Limited (We) are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Internacionale Retail Limited of 331 Charles Street, Glasgow, G21 2RD. Our data protection registration number is Z1458676.
We may collect, store and use the followings kinds of personal data:
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us or by filling in forms or posting material to our website (including your name, age, contact details, preferences, interests etc.);
- Information you give us when entering a competition or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our website
- Any other information that you choose to send to us; and
- Information that you provide to us when enquiring about or applying for job opportunities via our website.
USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer the website;
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- Enable your use of the services or features available on the website;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features for our website, where you choose to do so;
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- Send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business (or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties where you have agreed to this) which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but this information will not be used to identify any individual user);
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by you or about you relating to the website;
- Display any comments you submit to our blog.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website (for example by commenting on our blog), we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
If you are an existing customer of ours, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new or prospective customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
- Information which you provide may be transferred to countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Areas (EEA).
- In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website (for example, via our blog) will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world.
- You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers.
- Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a security standard which at Tier 1 Certification and compliance ensures unbeatable security and protection of sensitive customer information including credit cards.
The requirements for Tier 1 Certification include:
- Security management policies;
- Security policies;
- Security procedures;
- Network architecture;
- Software Design;
- Critical Protective Measures.
Websites go through a rigorous INDEPENDENT audit and significant investment to attain Tier 1 PCI DSS certification. The purpose is to ensure that their customers' data is as safe as possible when they purchase products online.
Venda is the only global website provider to provide enterprise wide PCI DSS Tier 1 Certification. Visit www.venda.com for more information.
VERIFIED BY VISA OVERVIEW
Verified by Visa, also known as 3-D Secure, is an extra level of security developed by Visa and MasterCard to improve the security of payments and transactions offered to customers over the Internet. When you initiate a transaction using one of these card issuers you will be redirected to the website of your card-issuing bank to authorise the transaction. You will have to enter your password, or create one if you don’t already have one, which will then redirect you back to our site to complete your order. If you are creating a password, you can then use this password on any other site that uses 3-D Secure technology. Please note: this password is separate from the one you use to log in to our site.
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently £10.00).
- You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of use of your personal data for marketing purposes).
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.